Click on one of the following links for more information:
- Obtaining a F-1 or J-1 Visa
- Academic Admissions
- Application Status
- International Student Orientation
- International Start Dates & Application Deadlines
- Conditional Admission to Rowan University Graduate Programs
You must submit a complete application including all required materials for your program of interest by the appropriate deadline to CGCE Admissions and be evaluated for admission and matriculation into a full-time academic program. This process is complete once you have an admission letter and/or email in your possession. Non-U.S. citizens requiring the F-1 or J-1 visa do not qualify as non-matriculated students and must maintain full-time matriculated status in an academic program for each academic year that they are enrolled.
The financial review is coordinated by the International Center at Rowan University. The purpose of this review is to demonstrate that you have the financial resources to support yourself for the duration of your studies at Rowan University and ultimately obtain the I-20 necessary to acquire your F-1 or J-1 visa. Without complete information and appropriate certification the International Center cannot issue the I-20. For a full list of financial review requirements and instructions please click here.
While the admissions and financial review for the I-20 are two completely separate processes, both processes must be completed in a timely manner in order for you to begin your program at Rowan. We strongly suggest that you begin working with the International Center directly after you have submitted your application to the proper admissions office. Do not wait to be admitted in order to begin working with the International Center, or you may not be able to have your documents reviewed and processed in time to obtain an I-20. Once you have been officially admitted and issued an I-20 by Rowan your final step is to submit your Matriculation Signature Page (that will be included in your admission package if admitted) to CGCE and to confirm via email to email@example.com that you have received your I-20 so that you may be officially matriculated and able to begin coursework.
Admission to Rowan University is competitive. Admission Committees use different criteria, according to the requirements of the profession and the number of applicants applying to the program. Each of the components of the application packet is carefully reviewed and taken into consideration for each candidate.
Rowan University does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, age, sex, religion, creed, national origin, sexual orientation or disabling condition. University policies are consistent with federal and state laws pertaining to equal opportunity in admissions and education policies and in scholarships, loans, athletics and other school-administered programs. We welcome applications from qualified international students.
CGCE Application Forms are available to view and download at www.rowancgce.com/forms. (The same PDF of any form is appropriate for both U.S. citizens and international applicants.)
When selecting a program and in preparing and submitting your application for admission please make note of the following:
- Rowan University does not return any application or financial documentation materials after submission, so we strongly recommend you keep copies of all items you submit.
- If you feel a particular international student admission requirement should not apply to you please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss the situation before applying.
- Non-U.S. citizens requiring the F1 or J1 visa who are interested in non-traditional-format programs (online, hybrid, off-site, accelerated, Saturday-only, or some combination of these) should be aware of two issues:
- Many non-traditional programs are part-time only and, therefore, would not be available to non-U.S. citizens requiring the F1 or J1 visa since they must be enrolled in full-time programs.
- Many non-traditional programs are fully online or predominantly online. Per federal law, non-U.S. citizens requiring the F-1 or J-1 visa may only enroll in 3 online credits per term and must be enrolled as a full-time student every term of study. (Those not requiring the F-1 or J-1 visa may enroll in 100% online programs.)
All applicants must check the following areas in order to be sure they are meeting all requirements for their particular program:
- The “Program-specific Admission Requirements” for your particular program of interest (visit www.rowancgce.com/programs for admission requirements)
- The “Additional Admission Requirements” (for more information, download “CGCE Post-baccalaureate / Graduate / Doctoral Application Information & Instructions” at www.rowancgce.com/forms) This details the additional requirements for those who received their Bachelor’s/Master’s degree (or its equivalent) from a non U.S. institution and/or for those whose native language is not English.
CGCE manages Rowan admissions for all (traditional and non-traditional-format) graduate, post-baccalaureate, and doctoral programs as well as any undergraduate programs delivered in a non-traditional format such as online, off-site, hybrid, accelerated or some combination of these. If you are interested in a traditional-format (16-week, on-campus) undergraduate program, please click here.
All CGCE applicants may check the status of their application at any time via Rowan’s online Self Service system. We strongly recommend you use the online method as it is the fastest and most convenient way for you to track your status throughout the admissions process. International students will find this process especially important to determine when they have been matriculated. Instructions for checking your application status online are below:
Click on “Access Banner Services.”
Log in using your Rowan ID (which is included in your admission email and letter) and then your PIN which, for you at this stage, should be your 6-digit date of birth (MMDDYY).
This will bring you to a page entitled “Student & Financial Aid” that lists student options.
Click on “View CGCE Admissions Checklist.”
This should bring you to your individual application status and checklist.
All non-U.S. citizens requiring the F-1 or J-1 visa will be required to participate in a mandatory International Student Orientation Program at the start of their first semester.
Rowan University offers conditional admission to international graduate applicants who meet the academic requirements for admission, but do not meet the language requirement. Conditionally admitted international graduate students then have up to 1 year to meet the language requirement by:
- Re-taking the TOEFL or IELTS test and presenting scores that meet the university admission requirement; or,
- Enrolling in and successfully completing the Rowan Intensive English Language Program (IELP).
The Process for Applying for Conditional Admission
Apply online at www.rowancgce.com/admissions/apply.
If academically admissible, you will receive a Conditional Admission letter from Rowan University.*
Upon receipt of the Conditional Admission letter you may re-take the TOEFL or IELTS test and present a score that meets university graduate school requirements, or apply to the IELP at Rowan at www.rowan.edu/camden/esl/internationalstudents.cfm.
- Students must provide a copy of the conditional admission letter with the application.
- Students must provide required financial documentation as listed in the application.
The IELP will issue a Language Training I-20 and acceptance letter once all required application paperwork is received.
IELP students will be tested for placement into the IELP upon arrival at the university. Please contact Jay Tran at email@example.com or 856-361-2915 when you arrive to arrange a date for the test.
Successfully Completing the IELP and Entering the University**
- Students must successfully compete Level 5 of the IELP by receiving a minimum GPA of 2.5 (B-) and a passing score on the in-house exit exam.
- Once a student successfully completes the program, they will be presented with a certificate from the IELP.
- The student will present the certificate of completion to CGCE Admissions in order to receive an official letter of full admission.
- The student will apply for a Degree-seeking I-20 from the International Center at Rowan University by contacting RowanIC@rowan.edu.
- The IELP will transfer the student’s I-20 to the International Center.
*Conditionally admitted international graduate students have up to 1 year to complete the IELP or provide an updated TOEFL/IELTS score that meets the admissions requirement. Failure to do so will result in termination of conditional admission, requiring re-application to the university.
**The length of time to complete the program varies based on your initial placement.